Terms of reference:
- To review periodically and approve standard for “General Requirements for Certification bodies operating “VRIKSH” Timber Legality Assessment and Verification Scheme – India, Forming the accreditation criteria
- To review and approve accreditation regulations.
- To decide on the competence criteria of assessors for accreditation.
- To approve individual assessors for forming a panel of assessors.
- To accredit the certification bodies for certifying the organizations (processors / exporters of timber and timber products) in accordance with accreditation regulations under this scheme.
- To review and decide about the cases pertaining to re-accreditation, suspension, withdrawal etc.
The composition of the accreditation board shall be as follows:
- Executive Director, Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts
- Representative of Quality Council of India
- Representative of Ministry of Environment and Forests
- Representative of Bureau of Indian Standards
- Representative of Director General Foreign Trade
- Representative of “Vriksh” Secretariat.
The Accreditation Board will elect / appoint its own chairman out of the members present
Meeting of the board shall be held normally twice in a year, or as and when situation demands.